Bus routes and times amended from October
Stagecoach announces changes with some routes removed, others extended and timetables amended
Stagecoach have announced a number of alterations to local bus services. The company says it is making the changes in partnership with Oxfordshire County Council to better serve new housing developments, provide improved services to the main employment sites in Banbury and create new cross town links.
The bus operator also says the new service arrangement will better coordinate departures in Banbury town centre to make interchanges as easy as possible with day tickets available from the driver or their app.
A number of routes have been replaced including the B6 route which Stagecoach says has been replaced by an extended B9 route on some journeys. On the B5 route buses will no longer run via Hastings Road. The B4 Banbury to Hardwick Hill route has also been replaced by an extended B3 route.
The changes come into force from October 12th.
Departures from the main Bridge Street bus station will be on the hour and every 30 minutes past to Longford Park (B3), Bretch Hill (B5), Banbury Gateway Shopping Park (B9) and Hardwick (B9).
Services running at 15 and 45 minutes past the hour include those to Hardwick Hill (B3), Bretch Hill (B5) and Hardwick (B9).
The full list of changes detailed by Stagecoach are:
- B3 Longford Park to Hardwick Hill – Route extended across the town centre to Hardwick Hill, new timetable to provide a half hourly Monday to Saturday north – south link.
- B4 Banbury to Hardwick Hill – Replaced by the extended B3 route. Much improved frequency and new Saturday service, with a revised route in Hardwick Hill.
- B5 – rerouted via Bretch Hill, Stratford Road, Warwick Road and Ferndale Road to better serve the new Bretch Hill North development. Five new stops will be served along this route within close vicinity to Appleby Close, Berkeley Close, North Oxfordshire Academy, Powy’s Close and Ferndale Road. Buses will no longer run via Hastings Road. Services will run every 15 minutes Monday to Saturday daytimes and every 20 minutes Sunday daytimes.
- B6 – replaced by extended B9 route on some journeys (see B9).
- B9 Hardwick to Banbury town centre – Hardwick to Banbury town centre frequency remains every 15 minutes Monday to Saturday, new timetable with an improved evening frequency of every 30 minutes. Last bus from Bridge Street will now leave at 2315 Monday – Saturday. Sunday remains hourly running to a new timetable.
- B9 Hardwick to Wildmere Industrial Estate and Banbury Gateway Shopping Park – The B9 will also extend across the town centre to Banbury Gateway Shopping Park via Middleton Road, Ermont Way and Wildmere Road to provide an east – west link every 30 minutes Monday to Saturday and hourly Sundays. For those customers who need to connect to Banbury Gateway Shopping Park and Wildmere Industrial Estate earlier in the morning there are some early morning trips on the 500 Monday to Saturday.
- S4 Banbury to Oxford – Small change with the last three Monday to Friday journeys from Oxford retimed to match Saturday.
- 500 Banbury to Brackley – Two evening trips will run via Horton Hospital Monday to Saturday for hospital staff and visitors (route description: bus station – Bridge Street, George Street, Broad Street, Marlborough Street, Calthorpe Street, South Bar Street and Oxford Road to the Horton, then back via Hightown Road, Upper Windsor Street, Windsor Street, Cherwell Street and Bridge Street to bus station before normal route to Brackley).
- Times at Farthinghoe towards Banbury will change to improve with reliability of the service, with buses leaving slightly earlier. Trips on the B9 will replace most of the early morning weekend diversions via Banbury Gateway Shopping Park.
All the new timetables are available to view on the Stagecoach website.
Published: by Banbury FM Newsteam