Dog rescued in Fritwell fire
Appliances from four local stations called after kitchen blaze spreads to property roof
Crews from four fire stations were sent to a house fire in Fritwell yesterday morning. No one was at home at the time but firefighters rescued a dog which had been inside.
It is believed the fire started in the kitchen and then spread to the roof.
Fire engines were sent from Banbury, Eynsham, Brackley and Rewley Road in Oxford .
Upon arrival they discovered smoke coming out of the roof. Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus accessed the property. They found the house unoccupied apart from a dog which they rescued.
It is believed that the fire started in the kitchen and then spread to the roof.
Fire crews are reminding people to keep flammable materials away from ignition sources and to make sure you have working and tested smoke alarms.
Published: by Banbury FM Newsteam