Cherwell Business Awards handed out during glitzy celebration
It was a successful night for Tugo Foods from Adderbury and Lock 29 in Banbury
The Cherwell Business Awards took place on Friday night during a Gala Dinner at the Chesterton Hotel. This is the eleventh year that exceptional leaders, companies, and charitable organisations in the Cherwell district have been recognized and celebrated.
Local winners from the Banbury FM area included Tugo Foods from Adderbury and Lock 29 in Banbury.
During the evening 13 awards were presented with 35 finalists named across these categories.
Tugo Foods received the Large Business Award – aimed at businesses in the Cherwell district which have been trading for more than 4 years and have a turnover of more than £4m.
Lock29 were awarded the inaugural Town Centre Award, which sought to highlight a business, enterprise or initiative that is contributing positively to the vitality of an urban centre. All the finalists in the Town Centre Award came from Banbury, with Lock29 facing competition from Banbury Town Council and Banbury Sewing Centre.
Lock29 also received the Norbar Overall Cherwell Winner Award – which is presented to one main winner from all the night’s finalists. Guests heard that Lock29 was “a unique destination in Banbury that breathes new life into the canal-side area. Offering diverse food and drink artisans, a casual pop-up cinema, community events, and an independent retail space, Lock 29 revitalises the community and provides an exceptional experience for all.”
Placi Espejo, Chair of the Cherwell Business Awards, said: “We are delighted to be at The Chesterton Hotel this year and put on a real celebratory event for all who attended. Congratulations to all the finalists, winners and a huge thank you to all the sponsors and supporters of this year’s awards.”
The full list of winners:
- The Becky Moyce Tribute Award: Wendy Tindsley, Oxford Innovation
- The Bicester Village – Charity and Community Award: Nai’s House CIO
- The Bicester Vision and Wednesday Business Club – Small Business Award: Bicester Wills
- The Ellacotts – Business Person of the Year Award: Katie Roberts – The Just Dance Company
- The High Spec Composites – Engineering Excellence Award: The Little Car Company
- The Kärcher – Young Business person of the Year Award: Nairne Barker – Abingdon and Witney College
- The Nicholsons – Sustainable Business Award: Cherwell Collective, CIC
- The Oxford Technology Park – Innovation Award: FitnessGenes
- The OJI Marketing – New Business Award: Darcica Logistics
- The SE-Solicitors – Large Business Award: Tugo Food Systems
- The Wild Property Consultancy – Town Centre Award: Lock 29
- The Engineering Trust – Apprentice Employer of the Year Award: Specsavers Kidlington
- The Norbar Torque Tools – Overall Cherwell Winner Award: Lock 29
Published: by Banbury FM Newsteam