Fire in Banbury home thought to be caused by unattended candle

11/02/2024

Fire crews from Banbury and Deddington attended

An unattended candle is thought to have started a fire in a Banbury home last night (Saturday).

Fire crews from Banbury and Deddington were called to the property on Nursery Drive to deal with the blaze which had taken hold in the living room.   Its thought a candle had fallen on to a sofa.

Firefighters entered the property wearing breathing apparatus and extinguished the fire using a hose reel jet.

The resident had closed doors inside the property before evacuating their home, which limited the spread of the blaze.

Watch Manager Cowley from Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue said: “[We] would like to remind everyone to take care when using candles in the home, ensuring they are secure and never left unattended.”


Published: by Banbury FM Newsteam

Reader's opinions

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *



Current track

Title

Artist

Background